It is not too late.
It is not too late to devote your life to a great thing. Find what God built into you to do. Pick something that brings glory to God and changes peoples lives. I may not be something that earns you lots of money or fame. That doesn’t matter. Do it for God. Do it for love.
Aside from how personally challenging this is, I am also asking myself some questions as a parent.
- Am I giving my children a vision for greatness and excellence?
- Am I helping my children identify the gifts and talents God has given them?
- Am I empowering them to develop these insatiably for God’s glory?
- Am I expecting more from them than the average expectation of our culture?
- Am I teaching them the fundamental truths of discipline and freedom?
- Am I encouraging my children to invest their freedom instead of making softer decisions?