Here is the second podcast in the series about How to Help Your Children Become Self-Motivated. This is part of the recording of a workshop I presented at the annual North Carolinians for Home Education Conference 2014. The first part is Foundations for Helping Your Children Become Self-Motivated [Podcast #10].
- The ultimate goal for parents is to raise mature, Christ loving believers.
- Parenting should move from discipline to discipleship, from external motivation to internal motivation.
This episode covers the first four steps:
- Pray for your children to surrender their hearts to Christ (Eph 3:14-21).
- Teach your children truth from God’s Word (Psalm 19:7-11).
- Teach your children God’s purpose for life and how everything we do fits into it (Deut 6:4-9).
- Encourage and affirm your children (1 Thess 2:11-12).
You can return to the notes post for the entire workshop to view and download the notes or view the prezi.
I would love to hear your comments and questions, so please leave a comment here or send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org!
What have you learned about helping your children become self-motivated?
Please leave a comment and let us know.